quick light fix question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick light fix question

ok, i get that grinding sound for a few seconds when i turn my headlights off, and seeing how there are many references to the free quick fix that involves turning the gear of the headlight motor, i gave that a try. however, the raise/lower arm was rusted on tight, even after liquid wrench and penetrating oil. i didn't want to break anything, so i just bolted the motor back on. my question is, will the stripped nylon gear cause any serious problems for the motor, or is it just an annoying sound? i can live with the sound, but i don't want to leave it alone if it means it will damage the motor. thanks.
    i\'m not an ambiturner.

I doubt it will do any damage to the motor... more than likely just strip the gear completely out. It might be worthwhile for you to look into the metal gear replacement kits you can get for the headlight motors. Obviously you will have to get that arm off to replace them though.
    Newfoundlands Camaro & Firebird Enthusiast Site<br /><a href=\"http://www.nf-fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.nf-fbody.com</a>

Comment

i dunno, so far i have had my car for a year and 6 months and ever since i got it i get that headlight grind noise... hasnt stripped yet so it does last a long time..

Comment

i was thinking about getting one of those metal gears, but i think i'll wait until my gear is completely stripped out. thanks for the replies.
        i\'m not an ambiturner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X