AC Delete write-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Delete write-up

Im deleting my AC system. doesnt work, takes up space and weight. anyone have or know of a write up on everything they pulled out/ capped off in deleting the AC system?
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Basically just unbolt and remove everything pertaining to a/c. You'll have to leave the box on the firewall until you can come up with a blockoff plate for it. You'll also have to get a shorter belt. I don't know how much shorter though, because I have an electric water pump.

g
    2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

what did you do for a block off plate on the firewall? Couldnt you just use some 14 or 16 gauge sheet metal and cut a rubber gasket and rivet it in?

There isnt anything that needs to be capped or plugged? Just unbot and take it out? Also, what about the sensors? Do you throw any lights on the dash? Did you just unplug them and let them flap there?

I guess these little side effects are what I am wondering about? By using the intense AC delete bracket, I am guessing you wouldne be picking up any gains HP wise as you are still turning a pulley. You wouldnt really see much unless you run a shorter belt and eliminate one pulley from the equation?

Comment

Yes you can fab it up. Billingsley makes one for $60 but you can make it.

The sensors you can chase out if you want or you can just let them hang.

You will throw an A/C refridgerant code, which I deleted via HPTuners.

The HP gains will be minimal and not at all noticable. You will however lose 40ish lbs off the front end.

g
        2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

do you have a ling for the Billingsly block off plate? Just want to look at something to get an idea of how they did it before I start making my own.

Thanks for the tips!!

Comment

Originally posted by ellik:
            do you have a ling for the Billingsly block off plate?
            Thank god for Google! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.billingsleyracing.com/interior_safety.htm
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ellik:
              do you have a ling for the Billingsly block off plate?
              Thank god for Google! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.billingsleyracing.com/interior_safety.htm
              </font>[/QUOTE]damnit I tried Google. Just tried it again out of frustration. The only way I could find it was to search 'Billingsley Racing', but at that point I already know the damn website. Google hates me. :(

thanks!!

Comment

after looking at that, that is INCREDIBLY simple to make. Just a small piece of 1/16" aluminum plate and good to go.

thanks again!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X