Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diference between start switches

Hi
    The start switch located on the column of the steering wheel has died on me, the problem is the gm goodwrench only has for the standard and mine is auto. Not available on autozone or pepboys. Looking at both parts look the same but the std has diferent part number, so no option, had to go with it, are they internally diferent?

thanks for any help.
    know when to go wot, and when to just enjoy the ride

Looking at my parts manual, I see 1 part number regardless of engine/transmission. It does change depending on the chip in your key, though.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I'm refering to the switch located under the instrument pannel, the guy at goodwrench could had made a mistake

thanks

Comment

OK, I thought you were talking about the key cylinder. The switch itself is different for Manuals and Autos. I'm not sure what the difference is. Probably has something to do with the clutch interrupt for Manuals and Park Lock for autos.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the pins on the both switches are the same, from outside shure look the same, i'll have to try becouse culd't fint the part for the auto.
          I'll tell you how it turns out.
          thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X