SHIFT LIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHIFT LIGHT

OK, this evening I installed a "proform" shift light....

It's getting power, becuase when I turn on the car it flashes twice to let me know...

Here's the problem- I hooked up the RPM wire-from the shift light- to what I thought was the RPM wire for the car, which was the white wire going into (and is located behind) the gauge panel. - obviously this was the wrong wire... Can anyone help me locate the correct one. So that I can have some fun with my new shif light

Thanks!!!
    --(just so no one yells at me, I'm posting this is "advanced" too)

Nate
    98 firebird, black, flowmaster dual exhaust with 4 1/2 inch diameter chrome tips, 17X10 boyd coddington smoothie II wheels, hurst shifter, whisper induction lid.

Sorry to bother everyone with that last post.... I figured it out on my own.

However, if anyone has questons about how to do this... feel free to email me: NateND1@aol.com

thanks,

Nate
    98 firebird, black, flowmaster dual exhaust with 4 1/2 inch diameter chrome tips, 17X10 boyd coddington smoothie II wheels, hurst shifter, whisper induction lid.

Comment

white wire in a blue plug @ the BCM?
      1990 Firebird 3.1 T-Tops<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Kenwood MP 825 Deck<br />4\" Rockfords w/ tweet in dash plate<br />3 Way 6x9 Rockords in rear sails<br />1970 Camaro 350

Comment

i have a tach with shift light installed in my 98 bird. i put the wire that reads rpms to pin E on the ignition control module. It was pretty hard to get to (I needed a mirror to see back there). It does work though, reads perfectly. Tell me where your grounding it though cuz i don't really have a good ground. oh yea, when i was asking same question alot of people were saying somewhere on the pcm, but i never found the wire and was too afraid to cut into any of those wires.

Comment

sorry, didn't see that u figured it out. where did u connect your tach wire??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X