HP w/ out DYNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP w/ out DYNO

Can anyone help me as far as giving me an idea of what sort of HP I have gained after I completed the following mods to my car? I know it will just be a WAG unless you've DYNO'd your car after adding the same mods yourself, but at least it will be something I can sort of expect and it won't be what the dealers say. They always over exaggerate expected horse power gains. SEE sig for mods done, please. Thanks.
    2001 Convertible Camaro<br />Mods:Jet PCM, Flowmaster Catback, SLP RAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Air and Oil Filter, Jet Low Temp Thermostat

Yeah...I'm agree...I need the gains from:
    -Lid
    -LID+K&N+FRA
    -Lid + CAI
    -Catback
    -Lid+CatBack
    -FRA+LID+CATBACK
    -CAI+LID+CATBACK
    -CAI+LID+CAT+CATBACK
    -CAI+LID+HEARDERS+CAT+CATBACK
    I think I'll be very interessting!!!

No way to dyno my car in France (unless I've got $1500)
    99\' Camaro M5 3.23 LSD<br />-SLP CAI,K&N,Whisper Lid,!MAF Screen<br />-2\'5 Flowmaster Catback <br />-BMR STB<br />-Kumho 712 supra 245/50/16<br /> <a href=\"http://www.camaroV6.fr\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camaroV6.fr</a>

Comment

I just don't want to be to diappointed when I do DYNO my car.
      2001 Convertible Camaro<br />Mods:Jet PCM, Flowmaster Catback, SLP RAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Air and Oil Filter, Jet Low Temp Thermostat

Comment

its almost certain that you will.
        91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

jet 15 HP MAYBE
          headers, cat back, high flow cat, high flow muffler 10-15 MAYBE
          lid 5 HP
          low temp thermo 1 or 2 if you lucky

basicaly those mods should put you about 200 RWHP
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Unfortunately, on a dyno, you won't see the real gains you'd get from the intake mods as you will as if you were moving down the strip.

Exhaust mods are also somewhat controversial since the benefit is more and more apparent with the more you do to your car. An example: If you change out your exhaust (and nothing else) you'll probably see approximately 10 ponies picked up. If you supercharged your engine and THEN installed the exhaust, you'd probably see about 20-25 (guesstimation) from this upgrade since you letting all the air out that you are pushing in (hope that makes sense).

I'm not sure about the Jet Chip since I don't use it.

A full intake & exhaust (ammoguy, you're still missing the headders I see) would probably put you just shy of 200HP. The Jet Chip might make up for the few that headder cut out and may put you over the 200 mark. French, you're probably putting down jsut shy of 200 also (with that last combo).

That would be my estimate...

Comment

You could get a G-Tech. When dialed in correctly they are pretty accurate. That will at least give you a good "idea" and if you get a base run with the G-Tech, you will be able to run with modifications and see how much things change.
              1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

I have the whisper lid on now and i have the tsp rumbler on with high flow cat stock mainfolds for now in the next month then i saving up for the zexel rear with 3.42 what should i expect horsepower wise there?
                1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ammoguy:
                  Can anyone help me as far as giving me an idea of what sort of HP I have gained after I completed the following mods to my car? I know it will just be a WAG unless you've DYNO'd your car after adding the same mods yourself, but at least it will be something I can sort of expect and it won't be what the dealers say. They always over exaggerate expected horse power gains. SEE sig for mods done, please. Thanks.
                  I'd say you would make about 180-185 hp and 215-220 tq. So somewhere around 10-15 hp over stock.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

This is my advice...shoot for real low numbers...then if you do better you'll be happy. If you're shooting for 200 you will be dissapointed. I would put you probably between 185 and 195 (a gap because I know nothing about the jet pcm) But if you go to get it dyno'd hope for 185...and if you get that be happy...if you do better be really happy.
                    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Man that a far cry from what the manufactors'say isn't it?! Yea...I still don't have the complete exhaust system. At first I was just going for the sound. Then next thing you I was buying more and more mods. Total spent so far around 750. Finishing the exhaust is the next thing on my list (Headers and High flow Cat) :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                        by ssms5411
                        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                        1 week ago
                      • RPDRed6
                        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                        by RPDRed6
                        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • ssms5411
                        No start problem
                        by ssms5411
                        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                        4 weeks ago
                      • SixShooter'00Camaro
                        Revival
                        by SixShooter'00Camaro
                        Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X