HELP!!!!!!!! Did something stupid now no power to ignition system - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!!!!!!! Did something stupid now no power to ignition system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!!!! Did something stupid now no power to ignition system

I was screwing around with my day time running lights and arced a wire and now The car won't start. I checked the fuses on the side of the dash board and the two fuse boxes under the hood on the driver side and they all looked okay.
    The only one I wasn't able to tell if it was okay or not was the silver 30 AMP in the dash board fuse box. I have power to fuel pump, head lights, blinkers, radio, the gauges in my pillar pod, climate controls, basically everything except my instrument cluster, daytime running lights (which always came on when the ignition was in the run position)and ignition.

I always unplug my battery when working on my car except this time. Since I was working on something small I didn't think it would hurt to listen to the radio.
    Guess I learned my lesson the hard way.

Please help if you know of anything else for me to check. I am not that knowledge able aboout the electrical system.
    I don't know what I am going to do I have to work in the morning
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

I'm not sure if this is the same fuse, but it sounds like it:

GAUGES (Fuse #9):
    Body Control Module (BCM)
    Brake-Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI)
    Instrument Cluster
    Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Module

Sounds like that fuse is dead. Try swapping it out with a new one to see if it helps.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response are you saying the guages fuse might be the slvier 30 amp one? If not do you know where that one is located?
      Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

If the gauges and DRL are dead, I would assume that's the correct fuse. It's fuse #9 in the in-car fuse block. Also on that fuse is the Body Control Module, which is a critical component in running the car. I wouldn't be suprised if that fuse is blown.

I found it by looking in the 2002 Camaro owner's manual. Try comparing what you see in the car to your manual. ;)
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanks a ton man problem fixed, I missed of missed that one when I went through them earlier.

Comment

damn 98'...you da man.
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

I was screwing around with my day .. For some reason i coulda sworn that it said dad not day but maybe becuase its 2am.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2038380/5</a> <br />pacesetter hi-flo cat, slp loudmouth 2 w/3.5 slash tips<br />Springtech lowering springs 1.75 drop<br />Hurst sts w/ short-throw stick<br />Not yet installed-pacesetter headers<br />Zexel-torson lsd<br />3.73\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X