Big Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problem

Alright, I will give you background. I am in college right now so the camaro sits in my parents garage. I usually come down every other weekend and I drive it. I have done this since school started. This past weekend however I started it up and everything was fine, but when I started shifting it would boogle. I just thought it was cold so no big deal right? Wrong. As I started to accelerate the from each shift the car runs hard. Its like driving a manual shift car for the first time when you dont have the gears right and you jolt back and forth as you go through first gear. The acceleration is half of what it should be and the exhaust does not sound right. I sadly had to put it back in the garage. The next morning my dad wanted to see what the problem was and he told me to take it up to 5000rpm in first accelerating as fast i could. Well my SES light starts to flash for about 10 seconds and turns off. I am pretty sure its a fuel problem but it isent even 3 yrs old. Need help. Sorry about the long post.
    Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

take it to the dealership...
    1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

Depending on how long you are away at college, I am leaning toward your gas stagnating(sp?) or something similar. I've had friends that have let their cars sit for maybe 2-3 weeks and having that problem. Gas is weird like that. I would recommend changing fuel filter, dumping a can of Sea Foam in there, and if the problem persists do a fuel line/tank flush. Also, see if you can't have someone pull the SES code for you. Good luck!
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Thanx i am taking to the dealership on Wed., i just wanted to see or have a good idea of what the prob. might be.
        Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

Comment

a flashing ses light is a misfire, prolly a burnt plug or plug wire, maybe a coil pack, very common, not a big deal
          1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X