Should I replace my factory battery after 78K miles? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I replace my factory battery after 78K miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I replace my factory battery after 78K miles?

The car is still using the original battery from the factory.

I'm kind of amazed it still works fine after 5 1/2 years and 78,00 miles.

What do you think? Replace it now or wait for it to die?
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

unless you are taking a long trip over the weekend my opinion is to wait
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Go Optima!

Comment

I love my optima battery, but my stock one worked fine (and I've been using it for like 70k... and 9.5 years...). No reason to upgrade unless that battery stops working, or you get a new sound system (like me [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

I'd carry that new Optima in the rear trunk just in case of emergency and for traction reasons.
          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Haha I would get a new one...

you battery has to be on borrowed time, you lived in FL awhile you know batteries don't last too well in the heat here.

I generally usually get a "mid-range" battery with a good warranty(like 3 years) then and it usually craps out under warranty and pay like $10 upgrade and start getting better batteries with better warranties. Think I only paid full price once for a battery per car I have owned.

Last time I got an optima. My optima is cool, bit pricey but cool... Only reason I got this one is because I race alot with no belt and wanted the best battery since I run no alternator down the track.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

See how long it goes, won't be too much longer.
              2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X