Pulling my Engine (Topic changed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling my Engine (Topic changed)

Working on pulling the engine. All has been going great up until now. I cannot get that line to release from the bell housing. I got the small slot to be exposed, which I assume is where the Speical GM tool would come into play. I don't know where to go from here. I don't have the GM tool, I figured I could get by without it.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Dan

[ February 22, 2004, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Distephano ]
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

It's easiest with the Quick Disconnect tool, which is available at most any parts store (labeled as Ford disconnect tool, but it works). But it can be done without. I used a small pick set, and a scerwdriver. You have to kind of push the white peice down into the sleeve, and full very gently to release the line. Be patient with it, and it will go. Or go to the parts store and check out the tool and how it works, and then it will be more clear on what releases the line:) Hope this helps!
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Well. Haha... Its off, but we are going to need a new one. We mangled some of the little metal fingers inside pretty good.

Anyways... Yep, I think I might hate cars. The engine is loose in the bay, but that sucker won't come out. We can't get the oil pan to clear the K-Memember.

We are eatting some dinner and then going back at it, any advice woudld be great.
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X