RPO codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPO codes

I just got a new 1999 red camaro off a lot and was curious to see what kind of gears it has. I know to check the rpo codes but I can't find them on the door or in the glove box where the should be. Are they anywhere else, or is there any other way of finding them?
    1999 y87 a4, american thunder cat-back, 3.42 gears, headers, grey racing stripes, billet grill, 17inch c5 rims

they should be on the drivers side door. GU4 = 3.08 GU6 3.42 g80= lsd.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

According to the specs on this site the car would have 3.08's unless the car has some kind of performance package. A guy I know has the W68 package and 3.42's came with that. You can tell what they are by jacking up the car and turning the wheels too and then taking note of how many times the driveshaft spins around per one rotation of the wheel.
      Newfoundlands Camaro & Firebird Enthusiast Site<br /><a href=\"http://www.nf-fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.nf-fbody.com</a>

Comment

is there any definite way to tell if its y87 or not. i got ground effects and a spoiler so I think it is?
        1999 y87 a4, american thunder cat-back, 3.42 gears, headers, grey racing stripes, billet grill, 17inch c5 rims

Comment

Y87 MUST be on the sticker to be a TRUE Y87 car.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by skatr:
            is there any definite way to tell if its y87 or not. i got ground effects and a spoiler so I think it is?
            Y87 isn't about looks, it's about performance. Ground effects and a spoiler has nothing to do with Y87.

http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Do a burnout. If both tires spin you got LSD with 3.42's. 3.42's only come with LSD.
              <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

cool i got lsd so i guess i got 3.42's

Comment

no i have an open with 3.08s and when i burn out in my drive way, good traction level ground, both tires will spin one time it did in the street though but just because both tires spin doesnt mean its lsd oh yea if its y87 sometimes the top half is black like the windshield stuff like a z but if you have ttops its different
                  if i was a pirate noone would have a car

Comment

If you're assuming you have an LSD because both wheels spin on the street then as mentioned above that may not be the case. Again jack the car up on one side only and try and turn the wheel... if it moves you don't have an LSD. W68 is a sport appearance package... it comes with ground effects, fog lights, dual exhaust, etc. But my friends W68 had stock 3.42's with an open differential.
                    Newfoundlands Camaro & Firebird Enthusiast Site<br /><a href=\"http://www.nf-fbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.nf-fbody.com</a>

Comment

Y87 can come with a black roof (like the Z) and t-tops too, at least mine did.

Check your rear axle too, if you have disc brakes, you have the Y87 rear-end off the Z28.
                      1996 Camaro Y87 5-Speed<br />K&N filter<br />15.19 @ 89.84

Comment

Originally posted by MikeV6:
                        Y87 can come with a black roof (like the Z) and t-tops too, at least mine did.

Check your rear axle too, if you have disc brakes, you have the Y87 rear-end off the Z28.
                        nope not true, he said he has a 99, im pretty sure disc brakes were standard on ALL 1998 and up f-bodys cars.

the rpo codes should be on the drivers side door,like in the door jam kinda.do you have dual exhuast?.( if its still stock )
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Disk brakes were standard 98-02. I have them, a 99 and I had an open w/ 3:08's.
                          Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

I don't know what year disc brakes became standard but every F-Body I know of 95 and up has disc brakes in the rear.

Comment

cool, thanks for your response

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X