plug wires on 3800/ heat sheilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug wires on 3800/ heat sheilds

looked backed several months & found a lot of posts on MSD super cond. wires. i can get 'em @ $60. good price!ok here 's the question could 'nt find answer for : do the stock metal heat sheilds for the boots fit over the MSD boots? WOULD GREATLTY appreciate an answer to someone who actually put those wires in!
    geocor

Yeah, you just have to bend em out a little

Comment

Absolutely, I just installed plugs and those little heat shields can be bent by hand to conform to your boots pretty easily.
      1997 Camaro RS - Polo Green<br /> Y87 Performance Package<br /> 80 Series Flowmaster <br /> Homemade CAI<br /> B&M Transpak Stage II

Comment

THANX FOR THE INFO RUC & CAMARORS9738 ! I THINK @ ABOUT 37K ON MY CAMARO ITS PROBABALY TIME TO PUT ON THE MSD'S. I KNOW ITS NOT A LOT OF MILES BUT THE STOCK WIRES ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE QUALITY & LOW RESISTANCE OF MSD SUPER COND.HAVE A 2003 CORVETTE WITH ONLY 1300 MI & PUT THEM ON & THE DIFFERENCE IS NOTICABLE. BTW IF ANYONE WITH MSD'S EXPRIENCE ARCING TO GROUND ON PLUGS WITH METAL HEAT SHIELDS(BECAUSE OF THE TREMEDOUSLY HIGHER ENERGY CAPACITY),I HEARD YOU CAN INSTALL A NON-METALIC HEAT SLEVE FROM NAPA, FOR ABOUT 2 FOR 18$.
        geocor

Comment

Yeah, I have those fiberglass sleeves from NAPA made to withstand up to 1200*. The Taylor wires I have are made for the 93-97's and have a 90* boot, so I figured the sleeves would be a wise investment. They're pretty expensive at around $10 each, but IMO they're well worth it.
          2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago
          • SixShooter'00Camaro
            Revival
            by SixShooter'00Camaro
            Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X