headlights on 2k camaro wont come on!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

headlights on 2k camaro wont come on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights on 2k camaro wont come on!!

whats up guys....has anyone had any problems with their headlights not coming on. i have the drl so they come on automatically...anyway i start my car and all the lights come on except my HLs and every 30 secs or so the volt gauge drops almost in the red then goes back to normal. I can also hear a click when it happens coming from the either the HL switch or the fuse box. i had to drive home with just my fog lights blazing. i didnt see a fuse or relay for the HLs so any help is appreicated.
    Its only Forced Induction if she Accepts it

can anyone help me find any diagrams

Comment

You've got something shorted somewhere. There's an automatic circuit breaker somewhere in the system. Did you do the foglight mod? When I did mine on my new Camaro, my silly a** grounded the wrong wire, and when I turned the brights on, the headlights went out, and it kept doing what you were describing. Oh yeah, are the dome lights also dimming when you try to turn them on?
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

No foglight mods and everything works as normal... i didnt do anything to the car up until this happened....

Comment

yeah you got something shorting out somewhere.. the clicking sound is the breaker getting thrown.. then resetting.. then getting thrown again.. time to start tracing some wires..

you should be able to find a diagram at..
          alldata.com

[ September 12, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

thanks guys for all your input, i trace the wire down to the yellow one coming out of the drl module going to the h/l switch was grounding against the metal part of the dash below the radio

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X