when to rebuild an engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to rebuild an engine

I'v got a 94 V6 Camaro with about 142,000+ miles. I change the oil regularly, service the transmision at the begining of every year, flush out the cooling system every 6 to 8 months(had a really bad episode with my cooling system so don't ask why I'm so presistant about keeping it clean), and generaly take very good care of it. But I do drive it on the hard side and wondering when I should rebuild it before something bad happens to it like blowing a piston ring or an oil pump going out and having to buy a whole new engine.

And one other question when should I get my transmision rebuilt

Thanks

[ February 24, 2004, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: crasher ]

if it aint broke dont fix it
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

unless you are experiencing a problem you shouldnt bother with a rebuild (engine or transmission). if you are worried about unseen wear you could get a 'used oil analysis' which can show internal wear (by measuring the amount/type of metal in the sample). check out www.bobistheoilguy.com for more about UOA's.
      a bit about uoa's

Comment

unless u wanna go turbo, nitrous, or SC, I dont think you should rebuild it. Its cheaper to buy a whole new engine than rebuilding it.
        1997 Camaro A4<br /><br />SS Hood<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow High Flow Cat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          5 hours ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          1 week ago
        • LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X