No announcement yet.

Best Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Yes I'm new to modding cars etc..so dont call me a loser or anything lol whats a whisper lid??
    NEW RIDE: 2000 Trans Am LS1 5.7L<p>1993 Firebird 3.4 V6 --TRADE IN<br />02 T/A Taillights and centerfillerpanel (Transbird)hehe<br />K&N airfilter<br />Magnaflow Muffler

Comment

Hey John,

You hit 14.7 with those mods, that is sweet.What was the temp?
      2000 Navy Blue Firebird <br />3.8 A4 Y87<br />Member of the MTFBA (Middle Tennessee F-Body Association)<br />Factory dual exhaust,Pontiac Decal on w/s Cutout,A/F Ratio & FP guages<br />K&N Filter Taylor Spiro-Pro plug wires and NGK TR6\'s<br />Whisper lid,NX Wet 50 shot<br />Hotchkis LCA\'s & Panhard,Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 245/50ZR16<br />SLP Strut Tower Brace<br />NA 1/4-15.132@89.29 2.194 60\'<br />N20 1/4-14.174@98.04 2.228 60\'<br />F-Body Gathering 5 Trophy Winner

Comment

Transbird,

A Whisper Lid is a smoother airbox lid that allows air to flow into the engine easier. It gives you a few hp and torque, and a bassier tone to your exhaust. Only works with 98s and above.

http://www.whispermotorsports.com/fbody.html

This link will show you what it looks like.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...id_install.htm
        2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

Ahh ok, nothing I could use then hehe..thanks for the explaination [img]smile.gif[/img]
          NEW RIDE: 2000 Trans Am LS1 5.7L<p>1993 Firebird 3.4 V6 --TRADE IN<br />02 T/A Taillights and centerfillerpanel (Transbird)hehe<br />K&N airfilter<br />Magnaflow Muffler

Comment

I think you should just get the car cover... I live in florida right outside of tampa and the sun sucks here, i wouldn't put a cheap cover on my car, but you can do what you want to. my friend got a pep boys special and another friend has a wal mart cover and it doesn't seem to help much.. when a bird $hits on it, it still goes though so why cna't the sun light? :D
            rims for sale... see for sale forum!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Barry:
              Hey John,

You hit 14.7 with those mods, that is sweet.What was the temp?
              <hr></blockquote>

the weather was awesome (for louisiana) when i ran these times. it was around 45 - 50 degrees if i remember right
              <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

Sub frame connectors
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

if you go with the cover i'd go with a better one... at least if youre using one outside. Ive got a cover on my car in the garage right now while im away at school :D (yes im paranoid) oil from our garage door opener has been dripping lately and i dont need that on my car. The cheap one from wallmart has worked fine for me. Outside however is a different story. Sun and weather will tear up a cheap cover.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                  Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

your mom
                    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Get a FTRA: (Fast Toys Ram Air) that will kick a** with your whisper lid. Also, do the Y87 Camaros come with 3.42 rear end?
                      -Eric
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. 80-series Flowmaster exhaust w/2 dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
                      "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
                      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Get a FTRA: (Fast Toys Ram Air) that will kick a** with your whisper lid. Also, do the Y87 Camaros come with 3.42 rear end?
                        -Eric
                        <hr></blockquote>

yes they do come with 3.42 rear end unless it's a manual. all manuals come with 3.23 gear ratio.

do something besides the ram air. intake doesn't really do much for you. people can say it all day--but it really doesn't do THAT much for you. if you want to do a mod--go for the big ones first, then later, come back and do intake if you really want to. that's what i always say.

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
                        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

The problem is if your engine can't breath the big mods can't work to their full potential (ie supercharger). The big mods are also the more expensive mods

-Eric
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. 80-series Flowmaster exhaust w/2 dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
                          "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"
                          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:

do something besides the ram air. intake doesn't really do much for you. people can say it all day--but it really doesn't do THAT much for you. if you want to do a mod--go for the big ones first, then later, come back and do intake if you really want to. that's what i always say.

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]
                            <hr></blockquote>

Uhhhh, nope!
                            I used to think this also. When i 1st had the car, i read how the lid/ftra made the sound of the car so much better, and at the time i never ever ever saw it. Later on i put my car back to stock b/c i was going to sell it, but i changed my mind. So i had an aftermarket torque converter on stock intake and exhaust (except a highflow catalytic converter). I did alot of highway driving and my car was choking sooo bad. It moved bigtime with just the converter alone, but it wanted to breathe desperately. So i finally got my lid and put it on, and wow it seriously made such a difference. My g/f even noticed that it was alot louder and i had no clue why b/c i hadn't done anything, then i was like, oh yeah, the lid! So i got out and did more highway driving and it is still choking, because of the exhaust, but it breathes so much better now.

Case in point, intake DOES help. Period. (.)

InTaKe OwNz JoO!

Scott

Comment

I thank everyone for there input.

I went for the 3 way fan switch.And a $60 cover from Wal-Mart.
                              2000 Navy Blue Firebird <br />3.8 A4 Y87<br />Member of the MTFBA (Middle Tennessee F-Body Association)<br />Factory dual exhaust,Pontiac Decal on w/s Cutout,A/F Ratio & FP guages<br />K&N Filter Taylor Spiro-Pro plug wires and NGK TR6\'s<br />Whisper lid,NX Wet 50 shot<br />Hotchkis LCA\'s & Panhard,Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 245/50ZR16<br />SLP Strut Tower Brace<br />NA 1/4-15.132@89.29 2.194 60\'<br />N20 1/4-14.174@98.04 2.228 60\'<br />F-Body Gathering 5 Trophy Winner

Comment

i think you should get a high flow cat or exhaust i only paid about two hundred for mine and they rebuilt my exhaust from the headers on back with all flowmaster **** if you go to the right place you can get that **** cheap or if you know the right people if you cant find a shop down there that will do it that cheap let me know i can get performance parts a very discounted price and i will be more then happy to help you out :cool:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X