Interior lock handle rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior lock handle rattles

The bumpy roads are taking a toll on my car...lots of rattles and creaks!

One is really bugging me. The lock slider on the passenger side rattles bad. I can hit the door with my fist and it will make noise. If I hold the slider with my finger it stops.

Is there a way to tighen that thing up?
    1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Take it all apart, check it out. it will never go away until you do. i have noises too, i did just that.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

take out the slider, put a little silicone in there. It will still be able to come out next time, but keep it still in the mean time.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

I actually tried the silicon over the weekend. It helped but didn't fix it, so I bought some of those felt pads you put on cabinet doors. I glued them around the lock slider and it took care of it.

With that gone, I noticed yet another rattle. The passenger seat, when no one is in it, rattles. It's the recliner part of it...you can see the seat back moving over bumps and rattling a way. Anybody have an idea on how to fix that?

Comment

Try buckling the passenger side seat belt. I could hear a very quiet rattle, and buckling it up cured it. I keep all mine buckled because I have to drive on 2 miles of gravel and that causes some bad rattles. I'm about to take my A-Pillar loose and gob some silicone behind it.
          ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Tried that already...not the problem. The seat itself, actually the upper part that reclines and tilts forward to let someone in the back seat rattles. It moves back and forth over bumps about 1/8" and makes noise. I wonder if there is a way to tighten it up.

Comment

Both of my lock switches rattle, but I caused the problem a few years ago. When I opened up the doors to replace the stock speakers with aftermarket ones, I noticed that there was a metal wire that was supposed to sit in a rubber grommet/socket to keep it from having any play. Well, I just put the doors back together without paying any attention and ever since, the locks rattle. It would be too much of a pain for me to re-open the doors, so I'll deal with the noise for now.
              3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X