Oil Filter Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Questions

Ok guys, i'm just about ready to do the first oil change on my car since I bought it.

I'm not quite sure what oil filter to get. I'm planning on putting synthetic oil in in (mobil 1 most likely), so i'm not quite sure what oiol filter to do.

Here is what my driving consists of.
    the car is the daily driver to school, and after school I usually race. Other than that, stop and go driving mixed with some red line racing [img]smile.gif[/img]

any suggestions?

Why not Mobil 1? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

but why mobil 1? :D
      gotta be a reason to have it other than it's name.

although using mobil 1 oil and a mobil 1 oil filter does seem reasonable :D

Comment

I know that none of the auto parts supply stores in my area carry Mobil 1 oil filters or that's what I personally would use. (which is funny because the Mobil 1 oil is easy to come by).

Purolator makes a nice filter with lots of pleats and an anti-drainback valve that they call the PureOne that I use. Also, I've always liked AC Delco PF-47s as well when I can find them.

Supposedly WIX makes a real high quality oil filter but no one around me carrys those, either.
        \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

Purolator PureONE PL10111 Oil Filter is the best.

http://www.pureoil.com/
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gregmondro:
            and a mobil 1 oil filter does seem reasonable :D <hr></blockquote>

Not for $10 a filter. Not worth it to me. I use Bosch personally.

Comment

so what do you guys think is the best 'bang for the buck' deal?

Comment

i use whatever filter happens to be in stock; usually fram. i've had mobil 1 in my car since 5,000 miles.

Comment

Our cars came with AC Delco PF47 as stock oil filter. A point of interest is that "stock" as in the filter that came on the car brand new will have an "OE" in the dot matrix number coded on the filter while the parts store filters do not (at least the last three cars that I bought brand new did).
                  \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

Do what I do:

Instead of using an AC Delco PF47 (stock) and using 4 1/2 quarts of oil, use a AC Delco PF52 (big size) filter and use 5 full quarts of oil. No more 1/2 quart leftover everytime [img]smile.gif[/img]

More oil, more lubrication. Bigger filter, less dirt [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

That's just me...
                    E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X