Just weighed my car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just weighed my car...

I hoped my car would weigh less than 3500 lbs. but nooo. The official # was 3640 pounds.

Anyway, the car is a factory 'lightweight', with power nothing (I did add the remote trunk tho) and non-chrome 5-spokes.

The only glimmer of hope about this all is that this was at street weight, with driver. I had my sound system and all that random junk that I don't usually have in there when I go race, and a full tank of gas.

Later, I'm gonna start taking stuff out and weighing it to see how much all of my junk actually weighs. I'll go ahead and post those #'s when I get them.

BTW, does anyone know what a gallon of gas weighs?

-Jeremy
    1997 M5<br />Borla muffler, SLP CAI, 1le swaybars, B&M Ripper shifter, 3.42s, rear disks, 1 piece DS<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/jerosbor/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Pics of my car</a>

my car is a stripper model too. and i think a gallon of gas weighs like 6lbs. don't quote me on that though. where did you weigh it at?
    96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rob231:
      my car is a stripper model too. and i think a gallon of gas weighs like 6lbs. don't quote me on that though. where did you weigh it at?<hr></blockquote>

My dad is a cotton farmer and basically owns part of a cotton gin. They weigh the cotton while it's on trucks before they gin it to determine how much is there. I went out there today and asked if I could get a weight. It only weighs to the nearest 10 pounds but that's close enough for me.
      1997 M5<br />Borla muffler, SLP CAI, 1le swaybars, B&M Ripper shifter, 3.42s, rear disks, 1 piece DS<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/jerosbor/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Pics of my car</a>

Comment

Weird, my car weighs 3495 with me in it!? I weigh around 150. Thats a good hundred pounds less! Whats up with that? I guess your sound system probably weighs quite a bit.

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Mine weighs 3080 w/o bottle and driver
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

rob was correct, gas weighs about 6lbs/gal
            Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Car weight minus 200lbs. worth of driver, 78 lbs. of gas (13 gallons), and 60lbs. of sound equipment & other random stuff = about 3302 pounds.

That's more like it.

Edit: Found a scale and put in real #'s

-Jeremy

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: thebigwaldo ]</p>

Comment

hey waldo, wierd question, im in lubbock as well...
                think i could borrow that scale and weigh my bird?
                hehe
                R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

16oz = 1 lb.
                  128oz = 1 gallon

128/16 = 8 lbs. per gallon

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: F1GT ]</p>
                  1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

"8 lbs. per gallon"

True for water. Gas weighs about 3/4th as much for a given volume = 6 lbs/gallon.
                    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by F1GT:
                      16oz = 1 lb.
                      128oz = 1 gallon

128/16 = 8 lbs. per gallon

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: F1GT ]
                      <hr></blockquote>

ouch sorry F1GT but u just got bit ch slapped by V6Bob

Comment

LMAO ROFLMAO at the reply above me!!!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jhonathan:
                          hey waldo, wierd question, im in lubbock as well...
                          think i could borrow that scale and weigh my bird?
                          hehe
                          <hr></blockquote>

only if by 'borrow' you mean 'drive my butt down to the middle of nowhere and weigh my car' sure man. Looks like it would be kinda tough to bring it back with me. Anyone have access to an earth-mover?

-Jeremy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X