what is the site for the guide to replaceing spark plugs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the site for the guide to replaceing spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the site for the guide to replaceing spark plugs

I cant do it i tryed i couldnt even get the sockets on the much less get them out i gave up
    91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

You will need a spark plug socket, ratchet, 3" extension with the rounded (wobbly) end, 3" straight extension, a 3/4" wrench, and preferably a 3/4" dog bone (ratcheting wrench).
    #1,3,5, and 6 come out from underneath with the spark plug socket and wrench. For the number 3 cylinder, you will need to put the socket on the 3" extension, and put it up and over the motor mount to get it on the plug. Then, you can use the wrench to break it loose.
    Number 4 is the real PITA. You will have to use the wobbly 3" extension, put it on the socket, and then put it on from up top. It's a pain because the plug is partly shrouded by the manifold, and there's a stud sticking out right next to it which will snag the socket if you don't get it on just right. Then, you'll have to get the ratchet onto the extension, break the plug loose (which may take a few tries), and then finish taking the plug out from the top.
    The number 2 is relatively easy, you get it from the top.
    Hope that helps.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

no wonder i gave up my first plug to try was #4, course if iw ould have got the rest out i prolly would have left it that way... =\
      91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

I just got finished replacing my plugs on my 3.4 I broke number 3 off in the hole but got it out...I did it all from the top..(was a pain in the arse though) used a socket rachet, 2 swivel sockets, and a couple of extensions with a spark plug socket. took a while, and a bit of fighting but its doable..just try not to break your plugs...that sucks lol
        NEW RIDE: 2000 Trans Am LS1 5.7L<p>1993 Firebird 3.4 V6 --TRADE IN<br />02 T/A Taillights and centerfillerpanel (Transbird)hehe<br />K&N airfilter<br />Magnaflow Muffler

Comment

Transbird, the 3.4s are easy to change compared to the pre-2000 3.8s. If you get one, you'll find all kinds of creative combinations of colorful metaphors to describe the Chevey engineers who set it up.
          Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

i came up with a few of those metaphores my self just trying #4 id say a few but they would all end up as stars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X