Gas question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas question...

and NO not the 'I drank lots of beers followed by a ton of Taco Bell' stuff. My question is what is the best grade to run on a N/A 3.4? I've heard our engines are best on low octane but then I've heard they're designed to run premium. Someone wanna resolve this.

Ack- Taco Bell...harming senses...eyes watering...nose on fire...parakeet dieing...
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Only4u do u have AIM, and if so whats ur screen name?
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

You can use 87 with no problem if you don't have much in the way of mods, it's only 9:1 compression. However, if you have enough done that you're getting a pretty hot burn (lots more air and hotter spark), then you're looking at detonation and resultant knock retard at the top end. In that case, try 89 first, and then try 91.
        When I had my 3.4, I had the K&N filter, Accel coils and wires, the air box opened up, and the noise baffles removed, and I was getting knock retard (from detonation), which resulted in the car taking off strong, and then at about 4500 rpm, it felt let the throttle dropped off a bit, then picked back up at about 5000rpm. Switching to 91 (92/93 in other states) got rid of that.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X