Need answer the burnout problem.. 98 3.8L A4 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need answer the burnout problem.. 98 3.8L A4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need answer the burnout problem.. 98 3.8L A4

THis is the last piece of advice, and the last WARNING you will have...I'm suprised you didn't get banned before :rolleyes:

are you on the stock 235/55/16s??
    do you have an open rear end or limited slip
    (only because i don't remember the driveshaft configurations for the years...)...is yours a 1 piece or 2 piece driveshaft?
    Does it pull through all the gears?
    what about when you gas it when cruising and it downshifts?

...when you answer these questions EMAIL ME with an answer and i'll unlock this post.

[ March 26, 2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: navyblue2000 ]
    brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

i think you may want to have you tranny checked out..more specifically the converter..the stock converter only goes to 1800rpms..also..unless you are using drag tires you shouldnt be burning out at the track (unless you are talking just for fun)
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Didn't you have a problem with your SGS being on all the time? If that's the case, then you're trying to do burnouts from a stop in 2nd gear, which won't work. Oh yeah, and it will totally kill your transmission in a hurry.

BTW, it probably isn't smart to be advertising that you have no cat on your car in a public domain.

Pardon my post if I'm remembering the wrong thing here...
      \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by terminaldegree:
        BTW, it probably isn't smart to be advertising that you have no cat on your car in a public domain.
        There's a hundred other people here that post every day with sigs that say they don't have cats. :rolleyes:
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by terminaldegree:

Yeah I know what you mean. I did that last year and the cops came to my door and shot my knees out [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
          94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

i have no cat..and no muffler..open 3" borla cat back..totally hollow..and i just passed inspection lol
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X