What should I do for my 75k mile servicing? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do for my 75k mile servicing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do for my 75k mile servicing?

What should I do? I have a 97' 3.8L Auto. It seems like recently its really been kind of sluggish and it sounds like its sort of rattling/grumbling when I first start it and stays like that for a little while. Though I think that might be related to my battery which I think is dieing everytime I start up my alt kicks in putting out at nearly max power charging it for a while. I was throwing a SES for an EGR a while back but it hasnt bothered me but I think I'll replace that, but what else should I do?
    1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Fresh fluids all around
    New Plugs/Wires,Fuel Filter,Air Filter,PCV Valve

Comment

^^^agreed. Might want to go to a service shop that has an engine cleaner, not just seafoam, but a 3 or 4 stage process that cleans everything out. Should cost like $75 bucks at most. They put a detergent in the gas tank, a detergetnt through the PCV valve and another into a vaccum line. I worked at a place that did it, alot of happy customers.

You should get that EGR checked out, you are losing gas mileage if it isnt working properly.

Also, go by your local dealership, they have a brocure that has all the mileage checkup services, replace/service everything they say is needed, but dont pay them to do it, unless you are looking to spend a few hundred dollars.

Comment

It is time to replace O2 sensors.
        :-)

Comment

Anyone have that guide on what to replace?
          1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

We're telling you what needs to be done.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter2K1:
              ^^^agreed. Might want to go to a service shop that has an engine cleaner, not just seafoam, but a 3 or 4 stage process that cleans everything out. Should cost like $75 bucks at most. They put a detergent in the gas tank, a detergetnt through the PCV valve and another into a vaccum line. I worked at a place that did it, alot of happy customers.
              Is there a more technical name that I can mention when asking about this?

Comment

additives

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X