154,000 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 154,000 miles

Yeah I bought this car at 123,000 miles about 7 months ago.

Since then I have changed the oil (mobile 1 syn) high mileage fram oil filters (good for 5,000 miles, change them at same time w/ syn oil).

And thats it, except tires and alignment, oh and coolant flush, previous owner mixed green and orange fluids [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

I've developed a slight miss, figure change plugs, wires here soon, that hopefully will clear that up. But what other pre-maintance things would be good to do now??

I'm getting a code for my egr valve too. How much are those to be replaced??

yeah i always forget car info:
    96 bird, 5speed, 3.8

Comment

could be your coil-pack, i had the same problem with my camaro, you can check it yourself too, if you have the balls that is... just take the plug wires off and get yourself a screw driver and stick it to the coil, if you get the crap shocked out of you then that one is good, but if it doenst youll need a new coil... yes this is the redneck way to figure it out [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
      It\'s a beautiful life<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2035163</a>

Comment

Um, I don't think I'm redneck enough. I might be from WV, but nope not a redneck.

"Not dat derr is noughin rong wit bein redneck"

Comment

Originally posted by Nicklz:

96 bird, 5speed, 3.8
          Same here, 160,000 miles. Clean it.

Also, change the clutch fluid, tranny and rear.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

what is a egr valve ?

Comment

Exhuast gas recuirculation. Reduces NOx and lower combustion temps.
              Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Do a FULL tuneup. All fluids, plugs, wires, pcv valve, oil air and trans filters, etc. your rear main seal leak?
                97 Camaro<br />160* thermostat, z28 shock/springs, 3\" Magnaflow cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, LT1 disc/limslip/3.42 rear, SLP CAI<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/609893\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/609893</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nicklz:

96 bird, 5speed, 3.8
                  Same here, 160,000 miles. Clean it.

Also, change the clutch fluid, tranny and rear.
                  </font>[/QUOTE]I know on the 3.4's you can clean it but I havn't had much luck cleaning them on the 3.8's I mean there's a small hole at the bottom that you spray carb-cleaner or seafoam into.. but it just falls right back out like the hole is just closed off by some mechanism...
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X