X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG PROBLEMS? HELP!

Alright, i got an 85 Firebird..
    bought it for 500 bucks..
    got it home, oil is high (almost too high) and the coolent is low...
    i start to drive and the assend almost hits the ground.. (replaced shocks, struts and tranny mount) easy enough
    alright, i break at a light and the engine oil light comes on with a really rough idle...sometimes it stalls
    i bring it home, there is no heat still in the car
    the heatercore is disconnect, the hoses are rerouted...i rehook them up, a little heat but not alot...like probably not even to defrost the windows.

so anyways i hook it back up, and make sure the core isnt leaking, and its not... but still not alot of heat... anyways, so now my car stalls everyso often as im crusing and it gets a really rough idle sometimes at lights... the engine check light is on and the oil light comes on when i stop at lights... any suggestions?
    ?HELP!

also, i made sure the coolent was up before i brought it out..let it circulate all that junk. but it is leaking cause i do fill it every so often
    ?HELP!

Comment

What does your oil look like? When my Headgasket went my oil was high, coolant low...when I pulled the distick the oil was high but looked ok, when I drained it, classic milkshake/gravy of a oil/coolant mix. BTW I had no heat.
      Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Im @ work but ill take a look when i get home.
        IF this is the problem is there anything i can do? or is it new engine time, or a simple engine flush and new head gasket?
        ?HELP!

Comment

well, you get what you pay for. doesnt mean its a bad investment but it looks like you may be doing a bit of rebuilding of crucial components like gaskets, seals, plugs/wires, etc etc. as far as the heat goes, there is probably a reason why the heater was disonnected. possibly a leak in the heater core or something or just plain out poor circulation through it. if the temp gauge on the car says a normal driving temp, the fluid is probably just not getting to the heater core? best bet is to ask the person who you bought it from the heater core was disconnected and go from there
          k&n, flowmaster 80 series,wings west body kit, resonator removed, 180 therm.,carbon fiber,graphics, and a brand new 3.8 engine and tranny.<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/jbfirebird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/jbfirebird</a>

Comment

as far as the heat goes, does the fan work?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X