How good are the 10 minute oil change place fuel injection cleanings? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good are the 10 minute oil change place fuel injection cleanings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are the 10 minute oil change place fuel injection cleanings?

Just wondering if those $49.99 fuel injector cleanings are effective. My 116,000 mile 3.8 V6 has had 3 of 'em over the course of its life, completed at 60K, 90K and now at 116K. The quick oil change places add some sort of fuel additive to boost your octane so that you 'think' that your car has extra awesome power but then it's back to normal at the next gas fillup. Are the fuel injector cleanings any good though? They hooked up a can into some intake that went directly into the injectors or near them.

My car idles a bit rough and loud from time to time - usually in 15 second increments. Complete GM Dealer tune up was done at 70K. I was hoping that the last fuel injector cleaning would solve the issue but it has not.
    3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Check the catalytic converter.

Comment

Thanks for the repsonse... What are some other symptoms that a bad catalytic convertor would cause with this engine? Poor performance, rotten egg exhaust (which I do have) My entire exhaust system is original - and it's in good shape (As I have been told recently from a Firestone repair shop). Car has always been garaged, which may have prolonged the exhaust. Every other GM car I have owned needed a complete overhaul every 70,000.
      3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Comment

Bad rotten smell
        Raspy and unusually loud exhaust
        Bad fuel economy and Performance

Since your last tuneup was done almost 50K ago,I'd suggest do another one.

Comment

They put a cleaner of some sort into your brake booster more than likely. I honestly recommend chainging your own oil followed by a good dose of seafoam. (It added about 30 miles per tank to my car and it runs a LOT more smoothe)

Comment

mark, if you have a problem with idle rpm, at firs check if your AC is not self starting. I suppose that not, so it can be dirty TB - especially Idle air solenoid.
            :-)

Comment

Yeah,Buy a can of Throttle Body Cleaner and spray down the inside of the TB and wipe away.Its amazing how much crap builds up on it over time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X