Has anyone changed the dashboard bulbs behind the odometer on a '98 Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone changed the dashboard bulbs behind the odometer on a '98 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone changed the dashboard bulbs behind the odometer on a '98 Camaro?

OK, here's a question for someone who may have an answer. I've got a bulb out begind my odometer, which causes an awful dimly lit dashboard at night. Makes me look like I'm driving a beater. Anyways, I took the dashboard apart and removed all the bolts that I could find, but the sealed plastic gauge unit would not come out. I suspect that the odometer cable (and possibly other short wires) are keeping the unit from being removed. Is there an easy way to change the bulbs, even if it is loosening something under the hood? Thanks in advance!
    3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

I'm pretty sure you mean the whole gauge cluster (sealed plastic unit). Once you have all the screws out around it, just pull. It is plugged into a permanent connector behind it. You'll then find quite a few bulbs which you can replace.
    \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Thanks for the information... Yes, I'm speaking about the gauge cluster. So there is no spedometer cable, huh? Must be an electical motor. Did not know that. Too bad I put the whole dashboard back together.
      3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X