Driver Side Window Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Side Window Switch

Today as i was driving i wanted to pull down my windows and it wouldnt work, up untill today it worked 100% right just all of a sudden.

My passenger side window will go down if i use the passenger side button but it wont go down if i use the driver side button, i checked the fuse and its good.

I checked my connection on my driver side and everything seams ok?

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem with a switch... back in the factory warranty days. My passenger window would not work at all, and neither switch would work. Of course, the window was stuck in the down position and it rained where crapped out. I took it into the dealer and they determined that the driver's side switch was bad. Originally, I thought it would be an electrical wiring issue, but it was something in the switch that went bad.
    3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Comment

ok i just confirmed its not the switch at all i had a friend that has a Camaro he came over and i took off his and my windows still wouldnt roll down.

Comment

Did you try switching the passenger switch, even though it is working? It could be possible that the window 'down' electrical loop could be broken at the passenger switch - which may cause the driver's switch to not work correctly. Just a thought.
        3.8 V6 \'98 Camaro Coupe<br />117,000 Miles<br />No Mods, No Probs

Comment

i tried switching the passenger side switch from another camaro and still! my window wont go down!!!

Again heres whats happening, i cant lower the driver or the passenger side window through the drivers side switch. BUT if i push the button on the passenger side the passenger side will go up/down and anything in between.

Ive check the fuse and its good, what else is there to check?

Comment

Sounds like a bad ground on the drivers side if neither switch works on that door. I'd take the drivers door panel off and start checking thw wiring.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

where exactly is the driver side ground?

thanks

Comment

Where it is, I have no idea. I've never had a reason to take my interior panels off. I would think though, that if you took the panels off and examined the wiring, you'll probably be able to tell fairly easily where the ground wire is. No guarantees, but usually ground wires are black. Anyway, then you would use an ohm meter or a continuity tester to see if there is excessive resistance or even a break in the circuit. Usually when nothing works (like both switches being dead) it's a bad ground. Also see if you can find a schematic diagram, that will help. Use the meter to check both switches, all wires, connectors, everything. Good luck with this. Sometimes electrical problems can be a real PITA to solve.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Something wierd happened last night...

I pulled the car out of the garage and i rolled down both my windows ( from the drivers side switch) i didnt even think nothing of it untill i was on the road and it got a little cold so i rolled them up.

Thats when i realized i was able to raise and lower the window w/ no probllem so im like hmmm problem solved i guess.

Well nope once i put it back up it didnt want to go back down.

Comment

I believe the ground is located behind the drivers side kick panel..sure soundws like a faulty switch to me though
                    2005 Magnum

Comment

I tend to agree with l1tech, since it seems to be intermittant, I'd check the switches. Use that continuity tester/ohm meter to check to see if the switches are working. If the windows work perfectly fine, and then don't and then start working again, that would lead me to the switches.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X