The larger filter On 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The larger filter On 3.8

I know there is one that will fit the 3.8. It is longer and hence should give us more filtering. But which one is it?? PF??
    &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

It's the filter that goes on the 4.3L

The ACDelco part number is PF-52.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

has anyone used it if so what are the results??
      &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

Comment

results? it's a damn filter. you aren't going to see any results. it probably cleans a little more thoroughly than the stock sized filter, but other that there are no gains or power differences. the nice thing about the bigger filter is the fact that you can use exactly 5 quarts of oil in your engine, that way you don't have to keep up with that extra almost-half quart of oil.
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Agreed with Only4U, it's a convenience in thatw ay of using 5 qts. But I would prefer to have a smalelr filter, so the oil isn't in there as long, and it's in the engine instead where it does some good and protects it. The oil isn't meant to be in a filter, it's meant for bearings and such.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

The longer filter is beneficial especially if you run your car longer than 3,000 between changes. It is less likely to stop up and go into bypass mode, and it has a longer service life than the PF47. The 5qt oil capacity is great too, since who likes wasting 0.5qts of oil?

I run it, no problems, and since its longer it looks cooler :D
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I've always used the PF52 oil filter on my 3.4L I use 5 whole quarts now and bigger filter means traps more dirt, right?
              E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X