Weird Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Leak

I picked my car up from the shop today, got home, and noticed the floorboard/carpet on the driverside rear seat was soaked. Yes it did rain the day we brought it in, but my car has survived floodings and stayed completely dry....it barely rained last night. Brought it back, and they vaccumed it dry. Got home and put newspapers and bricks to wick up the water. I checked it 3 hours later, and yet again it was SOAKED. The weird thing is my car was in my GARAGE.

I have no clue where the water is coming from, it's on the rear seat floor board on the driver's side that is getting wet. We have my car sitting outside with a fan blowing across the carpet to maybe air it out. What could this be?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/512325\" target=\"_blank\">2004 Silver Impala</a> Faster than my Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282862\" target=\"_blank\">3.4L Red 1995 Pontiac Firebird</a><b> For Sale</b>

My car was doing this but on the passenger side. It started by me finding water standing in the passenger rear floorboard. I vacuumed it out only to have it return, but this time the front was soaked too. It was the grommet that goes through the firewall, the water runs right off the cowl into the grommet hole, my grommet wasn't in all the way and had a couple holes in it. I don't think that would be your problem, but you never know, it would be simple to check. The floor has jute padding up front under rubber and it holds water thats why mine kept getting wet after I cleaned it, it would slowly soak through. Have you ruled out a bad heater core??? Let me know if you figure out what it is.
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

My best guess would have to be a heater core as well, although I would think that that would be leaking on the passenger side. I don't really know what else it could be though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        6 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X