at idle and on the highway now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at idle and on the highway now

ok i was at sheetz chilling out after cruzin up the highway and then went to start my car back up and it idled funny well i gave it some gas and it went away, wasn't like having a cam or anything just like a 2-300 rpm jump and back down again. what would i need think its just plugs and wires ? or somethin serious. If you know somethin and its bad let me know i would like to know before i get a turbo kit for it this summer sometime get that fixed first. could it be sensors ? or somethin more serious thanks for the help
    -Pat

[ April 02, 2005, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: red93camaro ]

sheetz!!
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Normally, an idle jump is the sign of a bad IAC sensor. Do a search up top and it'll show you everything on how to locate and replace it.
      sigpic

Comment

During the summer my car does the same thing. If the temp gets around 210 and I cut the car off (unless I let it sit long enough to cool down) then when I start it up the RPM's go crazy. They will jump up to like 2k then drop to like 500 almost to where the car cuts off, then jump back up again. It'll do this for about 10 or 15 secs then smooth out. This only happens in summer when the temp starts rising. I guess the next time it does that I will replace the IAC, that's about the only thing I haven't replaced on this car!
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Comment

well i was behind my friend in his srt-4 and some kid in a focus(well he was behind me and lost him easily) :D .But then at about 75-80 mph my car began to buck and lose power im like wtf?!?!? at this point so we keep going and it stops and im like holycrap we pull into an advance autozone and my car begins to overheat. Which is also pissing me off, would the bucking be caused by the iac ?? and and ideas on whats making the car overheat (had this problem since day one when i got the car had the dealer rip out the top end and check pistons gaskets head etc etc they said supposedly they replaced the waterpump and some other odds and ends) help!!!!! :mad:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X