NEED HELP!!! fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!! fast!

okay, so im changing out my wires, but i wasnt paying attention at first like the idiot i am, and dont know if the wires are right, cause the car is running super rough. ive only changed the passenger side... i have non stock coils, so i didnt remember for sure how the order went, its:

right? if so, i need to know what number the passenger side cylinders are. i have it hooked up now as them being:

is this the right order? or do i have my wires wrong? PLEASE HELP!

*edit, all these numbers are starting closest to the interior coming towards the front
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/325081\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Red Firebird M5</a><br />not enough mods

FIRING ORDER IS 165432---- 100% AND THIS IS IN THE TECHBASE TOO

I THINK THE IT GOES LIKE THIS

DR. SIDE
    FRONT (NEAR BUMPER) 1,2,3
    PAS SIDE NEAR BUMPER 4,5,6

IM ABOUT 90 % ON THAT
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

From memory (it's been some time):

Drivers side front to rear = 1-3-5
      Passenger side front to rear = 2-4-6

[ February 28, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: r&ksport ]
      --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

well, thats two different sets... and i took the wires off the closest three coil points, which should be cylinders 5,3,6(in that order)... and neither one yall have those 3 cylinders included for the pass side. make sense?
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/325081\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Red Firebird M5</a><br />not enough mods

Comment

Coil packs (Taken from Chilton manual for 3.8)
          ---- Back of car
          ---- Front of car

Plugs

2, 4, 6 - passenger side
          1, 3, 5 - drivers side.
          <a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six</a> <br /><b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/c_o_jones\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a></b><br />--This doesn\'t change the fact that I am ~The Guru~ who still kicks puppies...

Comment

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/plugs.jpg
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

so wait a minute here, if the coil fires the both plugs on the power stoke and the exaust stroke, then if yu mix up one coil packs wires it should not matter because theres still a spark on it !!!!!!!!!

say you swap 1 and 4, there on the same coil, that coil fires 2 times and each time BOTH plugs get a spark, so it should not matter then ???
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago
              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                Revival
                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X