Plugs and Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and Wires

Hey fellas. I just bought a 98 Camaro 3.8. Car's got some juice, but it's in need of new plugs and wires. Every mechanic I talked to so far sez it's like going to hell and back, and I think it'd be a fun project to do it myself. Anyone got any experience with that? Thanks.

[ April 22, 2005, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]

Welcome to the boards, congrats on the car, your gonna love it.

O yeah, This was a fun one.

its not that hard at all man, as long as u have the right socket set. A swivle socket attachment helps. Remember this ONE important thing, your coil packs and where EACH plug wire links to, I made this mistake and my car knocked like hell and wouldnt drive, I had to come here, get the info, and rewire all of them and it was fine. So here Ill help u out.

looking at the car from the front, heres what each cylinder is numbered...

6 - 5
    4 - 3
    2 - 1

The coil packs:
    1/4
    3/6
    5/2
    (I need someone to confirm the coil packs part of this, I know 1/4 is right, but Im not 100% on the other 2 so check first! LOL)
    2000 3800 II V6 Firebird<br />various small mods, bigger stuff later.

Comment

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/plugs.jpg
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix6:
        The coil packs:
        1/4
        3/6
        5/2
        (I need someone to confirm the coil packs part of this, I know 1/4 is right, but Im not 100% on the other 2 so check first! LOL)
        It should be:

1/4
        5/2
        3/6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X