where is the MPH Sensor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the MPH Sensor???

This may sound like a silly question but I have a manual and when I go to do a burnout, I start at about 3,000RPM, then drop the clutch and floor it (with the brake in of course). Anyway my spedometer doesnt read anything until a second or two after I let go of the clutch, so im wondering where the spedo sensor is (driveshaft, axle, wheels) so I can see if its my clutch that is slipping, or gears...

Thanks in advance for answering my question.
    1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

i believe the speed sensor comes off of the tranny (on my auto anyway)
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Mine comes right off the tranny knowing so because it's failed me quite a few times but I finally fixxed it. Mine is also an auto noticing you have a 5 Spd... Carefull with it, if you break it then your odometer will not calculate milage...
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

The speed sensor is on the output shaft of the transmission. If your speedo does not move and your engine is revving, then your clutch is slipping.
        2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro:
          Carefull with it, if you break it then your odometer will not calculate milage...
          lol, how do you find that to be a bad thing? I had to work to make mine do that.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

haha. Thanks. And can you smell a slipping/burning clutch, or not since its enclosed. And what does it smell like if you can?
            I guess I have to find a better way to do a burnout so the clutch doesnt slip, or just stop wasting my rubber!
            1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Comment

yes stopping the burnouts, and not destroying your car would be the smart move.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
              05' CTS-V
              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X