Which TB is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which TB is better?

Cable controlled or Electronic controlled?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Depends on what you mean by "better".
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I preffer cable b/c its a direct link between your foot and the TB plate. with a drive-by-wire or 'electronic' a sensor on the pedal tells the computer how fast you want to go and then the computer sends a signal to the electric motor on which moves the TB plate. Drive-by-wire has to much stuff to go wrong or break. What would happen if you throttle gets stuck at WOT when you want to stop???
      Ben<br /><br />1995 White/Black 3.4L<br />As far away from stock as possible<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=288292\" target=\"_blank\">My Site!!!</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.redlinevsix.com\" target=\"_blank\">RedLineV6</a><br />Rebuild and 3.4 T70 Turbo is complete<br />Details to come....

Comment

electric is better in my opinion. what if your cable breaks huh?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
          electric is better in my opinion. what if your cable breaks huh?
          least i can still stop.....

and it would be imposible to break it...... not only that the electroinc one is harder to tune for boost and things
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by White95:
            What would happen if you throttle gets stuck at WOT when you want to stop???
            Turn the car off. But that could happen in either one.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Also we did a test with autotap years ago on navyblue2000's car and when at WOT the computer was only reading 97.5% whereas with the cable controlled on my 96 it was reading the full 100%.

Comment

You'll remember though, this didn't happen on Jason's or Fish's car either shane.

But the question is...Who was faster? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X