Stupid O2 sensors.... need some OBD2 Help... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid O2 sensors.... need some OBD2 Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid O2 sensors.... need some OBD2 Help...

Ok I recently purchased new o2 sensors for the left and right banks.... (In the manifolds...) because one of them went out....

The one before the cat and the one after are still OE....

Got some codes today....

P0147 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 3)
    Is this the BEFORE THE CAT sensor???

P0153 - O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
    Is this the passenger side 02 sensor???

P1153 - Something about right bank shifted lean.. I think this was cause by the bad o2 sensor anyways...

WTF is going on with my o2 sensors????

I took my cat back system off (right after the last o2 sensor) when all this happened.

:mad:
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Bank 1 Sensor 3 is after the cat.
    Bank 2 Sensor 1 is passenger manifold.
    P0147
    P0153
    P1153

[ November 18, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yeah I got me one-a dem heeeetrrrr shirkit codes 2!

I've heard either a light bulb or a large W small ohm resistor will do it. I'll update you around Jan or so when I get to it. Part of my !codes mods.
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

or a good O2S with a good heating element maybe?
        you may want to check the ckt for the sensor as well as the heating element ckt. a fault in these ckts looks like a bad O2S to the PCM.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X