PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

I posted a while ago about my car not running woth a crap. It won't rev pat 2500 rpm, and it runs like s*@t til then...I changed the plug wires as was suggested, where do I go from here? I did however notice a slight crack in the sensor on top of the throttle body...I am assuming this is the MAF sensor...this is a 99 firebird with 3.8L. I thought it was the Maf all along, but am not certain, where can I get a new MAF, and how much will it cost? Is this the problem??? Also, I am tempted to remove the Throttle Body to see if it is full of gunk or something. I was told the sticky sut behind the butterfly in the TB is normal. Is this true, I reached my finger in there and pulled some out on it. Is this normal, or should I remove the throttle body and clean it out? Any help or advice is appreciated!

jason

Loose hoses, bad gaskets, loose or burnt wiring ... some sorta vaccuum leak ... Could be anything. Start with a once-over of the whole engine from the outside -- checking all sensors, hoses, connections, etc. Listen for leaks when it's running. You did the wires, but did you do the plugs, or even pull them?
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I just changed the plugs like 500 miles ago!!! Surely they aren't bad already! I also replaced the fuel filter, pcv valve, and the oil...So, I know it is none of that!!!

anymore input?

jason

Comment

Not revving past 2500 doesn't sound like any MAF problem....check and make sure that your plugs are hooked up right, you may have crossed one or more.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X