OBD II code - PLEASE help for the luv of god - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBD II code - PLEASE help for the luv of god

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD II code - PLEASE help for the luv of god

Ok it's not that important, but I tried to take out my MAF screen, I have cold air, and the intake elbow (i think) was causing a problem, too much of a turn (air too turbulent) to make an accurate air reading..so I finally got another MAF screen, and I still have an SES light.. the code (according to the autozone scanner) is p-0441. The info from obdii.com says : P0441 EVAP System No Flow During Purge. Anyone know what part this is? I've had this code for like 5 months..please help, i need to fix this asap. Thanks ya'll, i know this was sorta long.
    -base
    \'97 v6. based out. See sig.<br />\"I\'d rather be rich than stupid\"

Did you try re-setting it by disconnecting the battery and then re-connecting it?
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but i've reset the PCM and disconnected my battery terminal more times than I care to admit..anyone know the part for this? I really need to get it fixed soon..

Comment

i think you're experiencing P1441, not P0441. email mcaanda (moderator on this board) and get info from him, or you can visit his website. that code is an apparently under a 7 year, or 70 thousand mile warranty.
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Actually, it is reading the p0441 code TWICE. I just had it scanned today (again).. any ideas?

Comment

Buy a new gas cap. I had that code several dozen times, bought a new gas cap and it went away.
            98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Comment

Also when you have them scan it tell them to erase the code. This way if there is a real problem it will set the SES light off again. I have thrown codes before then had it erased and never seen it again.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, guys..but I thought I had it fixed, then the light came back on (after I reset the PCM). There was a cracked hose going from my throttle body into some kinda fuel purging solenoid (??). My friend and I jerry-rigged up a system, but not sure if it's getting a vacuum. I ordered the part from GM Partsdirect. I will try buying a new gas cap as well..

Comment

That would be the EGR Valve, it's not too important unless you need to pass emissions. Do a search to learn more about it.
                  C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X