3.4 convertion 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 convertion 3.8

is it possible to drop a 3.8 into my 95 3.4 5 speed, if so.... what will i need to have a clean set up

sure it can be done but if you are going to go through all the trouble why not drop in a LT1. Cost would be about the same and there is more info on 3.4 to LT1 then 3.4 to 3.8.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

exactly oyu would be upgradig from a v6 to a not all that much faster v6.

If you are dieing for a 3.8L, take your mods off oyur car sell it buy one and put your mods onto it.

Comment

there is a dude that is selling his 3.8 30k mile engine and trannny with radiator for 1700 how much more for a Lt1 would it be, and about how much on average for installation for both would i be looking at

Comment

also does it just drop in, same engine mounts for eather the 3.8 or lt1 or do i need to buy other adapters etc

Comment

I know of a Heads/cam Lt1 with tuned computer, wiring harness, and front accessories for 2k.
            1995 Purple TA

Comment

if you go from a 3.4 to a 3.8 you will not need engine mounts and you could even keep your trans.

if you from a 3.4 to a lt1 you will need engine mounts a new trans anew drive shaft a new rear axel a new coputer and all kinds of other **** and if you decide to do it at a dealership it will cost you between 5-7000 just to do the engine your looking at about 10000 for the hole set up if you do it your self you are looking at about 5000 if you buy all new parts

i would take your friends engine and drop it in unless you have the time and money to do the lt1

personaly i would go with an ls1 but that cost about 6000 just for the engine

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 91Camaro:
                personaly i would go with an ls1 but that cost about 6000 just for the engine<hr></blockquote>

Where do you shop?

I have called places that sell the LS1 with 15-30K miles, tranny, computer, mounting hardware for 4K.
                White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

i wouldnt buy one with any miles on it i only buy new

Comment

ok so if i go with the 3.8 all i need is the motor and drop it in and that's it right no wires or cpu will i need to purchase just the motor and drop it in

Comment

At www.jjsautomotive.com they sell complete ls1 with everything for 3500.00 man the places around you guys are ripoffs that sux

Comment

You need a the computer system and wiring harness.

ITs going to cost you alot more then you want.

$2k-3k for 40 hp?

Custom turbo could give you 60 70 hp and alot cheaper.

or even nitrous.

Comment

you will need the cpu and the wireing harness but thats all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X