expert help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expert help needed

i have a 95 3.4 firebird and the module that stays behing the glove box is missing (i guess its the alarm module)
    how do i get one?? does any1 know how much i can get one from? and what are the possibilities to hook the wires and forget about the module? does my car work without the module? HELP ME PLEASE...

There are a few switches back there including the airbag module, but if you say the alarm, then that's what I'll post.

Alarm Module Part # 16215659, and it cost's roughly $200 from GM. I have no idea who and where to get an aftermarket module that would be cheaper.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

is that alarm module you are talking about the small box that connect the wires together?? i guess that´s the one i need...

Comment

It doesn't show any wires in the diagram. It just shows the parts and their numbers.
        Also, take a look on ebay. There is an alarm module for sale, and I think it's the one you are referring to, and it's going for about $15-$20

In ebay, enter "camaro firebird alarm module"
        You can enter either camaro or firebird, doesn't have to be both.

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

thanks.... ill take a look at it right now... but i just wanna make sure its the one i need for my car since ive never seen one because my car came over to brazil without the module... got it? but i know for sure that there are 64 wires to be conected to it....

Comment

Sounds like the BCM (Body Control Module) to me. Gonna have to order one from GM or ebay.
            <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

well... let me tell u what i have.... i got 2 modules but the one that is missing is the one that stays BEHIND the glove box... i just wanna make sure i need that module to work the car properly.... i know that there are 64 wires to be connected to it.... and i has something to do with the alarm or air bag...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Down South Bird:
                well... let me tell u what i have.... i got 2 modules but the one that is missing is the one that stays BEHIND the glove box... i just wanna make sure i need that module to work the car properly.... i know that there are 64 wires to be connected to it.... and i has something to do with the alarm or air bag...<hr></blockquote>

Honestly, I'd run it over to a dealer to have someone there find out what module/sensor you need. You can spend alot of hard earned money trying to find out what is missing, when it turns out it was a simple part that cost less than $20. Have a dealer check it out before you go trying to buy the correct part [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                To clear things up, I have no clue as to what sensor has 64 wires going into it, except the PCM.

-Marc
                sigpic

Comment

thats the thing.... i DONT have a pontiac dealer here in brazil.... maybe if i go to a GM dealer they will give me a clue?!?!!??!

Comment

Pontiac and GM are one in the same. They will tell you what it is.

My bet is its a harness/connecter that they did not use -- a lot of cars have non-used connections like that for options. They wire the cars to be able to work with just about every option available, but if you dont get all the options that often times leaves empty spaces/connections for more sensors/modules/connections [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you are not experiencing any problems with the vehicle then I would not worry about it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

lol, gm dealer in brazill will laugh . they wont have a freaking clue what to do with the car.

Im from brazil too, rio specifically, but living in the US, take a look at my car ;)

shoot me an email.

Comment

[img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
                        thats gonna be their faces when they look at my car tiago.... lol
                        but i have no clue if the car works properly without those wires connected because he was NEVER turned on.... he is 000012 miles runned... next week im gonna put the column back in place with the airbag then ill turn on the car to see if he'll work fine.... then ill tell u guys... but i still have to get rid of that security light problem because i had to make another key for my car and i know that it will go on.... anybody got a clue...

p.s: tiago i'm from Espirito Santo right next to rio !!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          4 hours ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X