Just wanted to share my experience with my Valve cover Oil leak - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wanted to share my experience with my Valve cover Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to share my experience with my Valve cover Oil leak

Well~
    For a while now I've had an oil leak from what I was pretty sure was my valve covers. I really couldn't see where the oil was coming from on the engine, but it was driping right onto the Y-Pipe.

So, last night I decided to go to town, and try to tighen my valve covers.

On the Passanger Side, I got to 5 of the 6 very easy. The last is blocked by a lift bracket. Any ideas how to get rid of that brakcet?

The driver side invovled a bit more work. First I removed the EGR and the tube next to it. I then removed the plate that it was mounted on. With this gone I was able to remove the lift bracket on that corner of the engine. Then I removed the whole block of coil packs. With all of this out of the way, it was easy to tighten all 6 bolts on this cover.

Well, upon getting home tonight I let the car idle for a while, and low and behold, no smoke coming from the headlights as I had been getting, which was the oil burning off of the Y-Pipe.

Anyways, so if you have this problem, I sugguest you do this. Its not a real hard job, it takes maybe 2 hours tops. Just make sure you have a gasket for the EGR, or some of the high temp gasket maker, as I used when you replace the EGR.

If anyone else has done this, how do I remove the lift bracket on the passenger side?

Thanks!
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X