ASR on a V6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brendan Hearn:
    To revive and old topic, is there a way that i can put asr on my 96?<hr></blockquote>

I would check to see if you have the older system. Put your car in 2nd gear manualy and if it feels slugish and doesent shift then you have it, My dads Astro is like that.
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brendan Hearn:
      To revive and old topic, is there a way that i can put asr on my 96?<hr></blockquote>

i have the wiring that runs up to the switch, but there isn't a switch. the wires plug in to the back, but the switch isn't there. i would think you'd need to add the switch and then have your PCM reprogrammed to work with it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Domestic Violence:

i have the wiring that runs up to the switch, but there isn't a switch. the wires plug in to the back, but the switch isn't there. i would think you'd need to add the switch and then have your PCM reprogrammed to work with it.
        <hr></blockquote>

Also you would have to get a new rear end in your car.
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:

Also you would have to get a new rear end in your car.
          <hr></blockquote>

I'm planning on ditching my 308 open/drum for a 342 lsd/disc rear so if I did the swap (from speed automotive) would it work if I took it to a chevy dealer and asked for them to install the asr?
          1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X