Broke my 3.4L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my 3.4L

Well, i was driving home from my parents house last night, and i got on the toll road, accelerated hard up to about 100 or so, and t hen just shifted into 5th, and slowed down for the first toll. After the first toll, i noticed a very bad sound, comming from the engine. Sort of like a knock knock knock clank squeak squeak squeak ping knock...... It began to be be apparent only at like, 3/4 throttle, then got worse, and was even making noise at idle. So, i pulled over about a mile or so later, and turned off the car.

As far as my mechanics abilities go, i'd say I broke a connecting rod, smashed a piston, spun a bearing, or something bad like that.

I pull the engine on monday, and hope to have it apart soon. I'll probalbly be looking for just a 3.4L long block, so if anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. I dont have a lot of cash to dump into a v8 or anything, i'll barely be able to replace my 3.4L. Guess no more racing or acceleration for me. :-/ Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
    1995 Blue Chevrolet Camaro <br />Dynomax Exhaust, Custom CAI w/K&N, Throttle Body Bypass, ACDelco Plugs/Accel 8mm Wires. Indiglo Gauges. BMR Stut Tower Brace, ASP underdrive pulleys, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW\'s around. <br />AIM: STMIKEK

I've got one. $300, Will deliver for gas money.

See my ad http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=8&t=003683 for more info.

thanks
    kevin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
      Good to see the site is back up
      by 2.8 Bird
      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
      3 hours ago
    • FirebirdGT
      New Site Hosting Issues
      by FirebirdGT
      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
      1 week ago
    • LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X