DTC P0336 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A CKT Range/Perf) Please Help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTC P0336 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A CKT Range/Perf) Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTC P0336 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A CKT Range/Perf) Please Help

This code came up on my 1995 3800 Camaro. Does my engine only have one sensor on it or does it have two? and if it has two, which sense does it sound like is bad?

I have a small studder in accelleration. Sometimes I can be driving down the road, and my engine will all of a sudden shut down, electrical system is fine, I never lose Power. I can pull off of the side of the road and crank it back up and it stays running after about 2 times cranking it. this has happend so far, when i am running the car around 2000 RPMs.

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Fat_kid_in_little_camaro ]</p>
    95 quasar blue 3800.<br />K&N, blackout tint,<br />Headlight and tailight blackouts<br />300 watt 10\'s <br />$400 polk highs and mids<br />pioneer DEH-P6300 HU<br />chrome 5 star 15\" rims

Anyone have anyclue?
    95 quasar blue 3800.<br />K&N, blackout tint,<br />Headlight and tailight blackouts<br />300 watt 10\'s <br />$400 polk highs and mids<br />pioneer DEH-P6300 HU<br />chrome 5 star 15\" rims

Comment

There are two sensors - the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor. The vehicle will still run if one or the other goes bad, but it will run a little rougher, since the timing signals regarding mechanical engine component signals are not as accurate when one of the sensors goes bad. If the code came up 0336, it is the crankshaft sensor. If it was the camshaft sensor, the code would be 0366.

I received the code one time in my son's 96 bird (3800), and I just cleared the code and it never came back - the car seems to run fine, but if it happens again, I WILL replace the sensor. I would suggest you do the same.
      ...it\'s lonely out in space...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X