synthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetics

what do you guys think about synthetic oil in our cars?
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

I think it's a damn good idea.

I've run Mobil 1 synthetic since oil change #3 (and my poor 2000 has about twice as many miles on it as it should right now, slightly over 40k).

On the other hand, since I haven't really run regular oil in it I can't say if the synthetic is better. But I like it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Checkout the oil board @ bobistheoilguy.com

I used to run Mobil1, changed to Valvoline Maxlife due to the reformulation of Mobil1.

I won't go into detail here, but synthetics are fine in our cars. The main concept behind a synthetic is extended drain intervals though, not better protection necessarily. The protection comes from the oil additives, so you need to choose an oil based upon your driving style and drain intervals - not marketing :D
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

i just bought some valvoline max life to put in this weekend, from what ive read on message boards, and on the valvoline website, im convinced this is a great oil. it won product of the year in an automotive fluid magazine.

Comment

Anyone tried Royal Purple?
          Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Royal Purple tends to go towards an SAE20 after 1,000 miles of use - it seems to be cheaply made from a cheap base stock even though the additives aren't bad.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X