When car is first started I get a weird water bubbling sound - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When car is first started I get a weird water bubbling sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When car is first started I get a weird water bubbling sound

Okay it almost sounds like if you stuck a straw in a glass and blew bubbles. Or maybe like a fish tank pump that makes bubbles. Anyways it only happens in the mornings when I first start the car. It fades away in a few minutes most likely when the engine gets a little bit warmer. What could this be? bad fuel pump? bad radiator?
    1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Sometimes my intake sounds like that when I start it. It's because aftermarket intakes remove the air silencer that comes on our cars. The sucking noise that you hear now can sometimes sound like bubbling.

Comment

aha I hope thats it hehe. My dad is always like WTF is that. And I never have an answer for him. Thx for the quik reply.
      1998 Firebird 3.8, A4<br />Mods: Alum Ds, Yank TC 2800 stall, Rksport lid, FTRA, SLP air temp sensor, K&N, Flowmaster catback 2.5\" w/cutout, 3:42 gears w/LSD<br />Best E/T: 15.6 @ 86 mph (w/o gears / lsd or verter)<br />Best 60: 2.234<br /><a href=\"http://www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.teamfoxfire.iwarp.com</a> -- club site<p>To come?: l67 piston package hardened, turbo? spray? low 12\'s? well see

Comment

Yep, its the intake. Mine makes that sound too. Though I compared it to marbles rolling around in a glass jar... Dunno [img]smile.gif[/img] The bubbles thing sounds better I think.. lol
        1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

You should have seen the look on my mechanics face when he first when to start up the car to pull it in! I was pricless! lol hahahah
          RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

Yeah, mine does it too until the car warms up. It's the lid.
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by raxxus:
              You should have seen the look on my mechanics face when he first when to start up the car to pull it in! I was pricless! lol hahahah<hr></blockquote>

I bet lol, prolly Looked like this [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]

Comment

need to get the midget with the bong out from under your hood...

Comment

Yeah I figured that out a little bit too late.... poor little guy [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Comment

it is most likely the air pump.. it runs the first couple of minutes when the car is cold to get the catylitic converter going

Comment

Mine does it too with everything stock. I would have to guess that it is actually coming out of the radiator when the thermostat isn't open at all. I can't see the intake doing that, there isn't enough going on to cause significant noise. But who knows, it is funny to see the look on peoples faces.
                      1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

mine does it too, it's wierd, i was going to ask the same question [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        this thing started to sound like that a week ago. i thought it was the radiator or something, since i've replaced the thermostat, i can hear the water or bubles by the passenger side i think and it only does it in the morning. even my wife was like [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] wtf? is this water sound coming from and i go [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] i have no idea
                        2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed<br />288 rwhp SAE 315 rwtq SAE<br />BFG DR\'s, SLP Loudmouth Catback, K&N CAI<br />60\': 2.145<br />13.41@105.67MPH (Stock)<br />--- Best et ----<br />60: 1.932<br />1/4:12.851@106.39MPH <br />best mph: 107.65

Comment

whatever it is im glad its happening to everyone lol. Means either all are cars r broke or that its just a normal thing.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dirty8-un-Dreds:
                            whatever it is im glad its happening to everyone lol. Means either all are cars r broke or that its just a normal thing.<hr></blockquote>

If you go to the dealership and they tell you "it's normal," or "they all do that." It just another phrase for "we can't fix it."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X