Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling my car

Here's the scenario:

I currently own a 1995 3.4L Camaro. 5-spd 93,xxx miles. It's my daily driver. Runs good. No major problems. Has 18" wheels and a nice stereo system too.

Went on Friday, and just passed the smog check [img]smile.gif[/img]

here's a pic:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mcanlas/m.../frontside.jpg

I'm thinking of selling the it and get another car with the money I get from it. I don't want to make payments on anything though. Whatever money I can get from the Camaro is all I'm going to use for this other car.

I'm thinking of 1994 and/or newer Honda Accord. It'd be a good, reliable daily driver. Here are the pros so far:

AUTOMATIC tranny - this is a BIG pro to me. It's a major pain in the *** to drive the Camaro in rush our L.A. traffic. I literally crawl all the way home, shift-n-go, shift-n-go :(

FUEL ECONOMY - the Camaro only gets 20-21mpg That sucks :( escially nowadays when gas prices are $2.00/gal. I bet that Accord can get 24-25mpg easily [img]smile.gif[/img]

INTERIOR SPACE - Let's face it, F-bodies aren't meant for 4 passengers. It'd be nice to have 4 doors and a more comfortable backseat for other passengers.

TRUNK SPACE - my Camaro now doesnt have any trunk space because of the dual 12" subs I have back there. I kinda miss having a trunk.

KBB value for my car is $4340... but 1994-1996 V6 Camaros in L.A. with similar miles, etc. list for $6000-$7000 I'll be happy if I get $5500

I think it's time to let the Camaro go, but nothing is set in stone yet, I'm just seriously contemplating. What do you guys think? Any words of advice?
    E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

OK i understand ur situation, but i dont think u should sell, but if u do dont get a honda personally im against all japanese and korean cars. but then again im not ever gonna sell "my baby" i will get other cars though. i kno this is helping but ull make the right decision -cough-"dont sell"-cough. ;)

Comment

The older 80's model Honda Accords have been known to hit 450,000 to 500,000 miles before the cam shaft gets brittle and explodes! ;)

My brother bought a late 80's model Accord with just over 250k miles and he put another 100k miles on it. The previous owner had ALL service done at the dealer (including wiper blade replacement) and had all documentation to prove it.

FWIW... :D

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: Jason McCallister ]</p>
      Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X