3.8 engine stalling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 engine stalling out

I just had my engine rebuilt with forged pistons, VS cam and all new internals. My problem is when I come up to a stop the engine starts to die down and sometimes it completly dies. This about everytime I come to a stop. It was doing this before the engine was rebuilt and the codes that come up are PO300 random misfire. The car runs fine on the highway or street it just does this when I come up to a stop. I'm thinking it might be maf sensor, map or the computer. Thanks for any help. The car is still at the dealer where my dad works and the service advisor called and said they can't find where the misfire is coming from. He told me he is going to wait until my dad comes back Monday to see if he has any ideas.

[ November 29, 2003: Message edited by: ssms5411 ]</p>
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Sounds like the coil packs

Comment

Anyone else want to take a guess? The car idles fine and drives fine except I do get the blinking PO300 light and it whats do die when coming to a stop. It's pretty sad the mechanic could not find the problem or they didn't even look at it since my dad was gone until Monday( I think that could be it).
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Coil Packs or plugs or wires or injectors

Moving to general tech.
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I'd try the coil packs first. You sure all of your vacuum lines are hooked up correctly?

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

Yea, before the rebuild I check all the vac. lines and even replaced one. I'm thinking it might be a injector. They have 119,000 miles on them. When they first put the engine back together they used some injectors I bought for 30.00(for 6) off the board and 5 out of 6 did not work. So he put my old ones back in.

Comment

Problem is fixed, I had one bad coil and the #1 injector was not working. The injector tested fine on the ohms but was still not working. I still am getting misfires but nothing to serious to set off the ses light. I think it might be the other injectors( we shall see). Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X