Official ghetto mod thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghetto Mods:
    My power antenna has a bracket fabricated together out of electrical tape :eek:

I raised my airbox using 1/2" Nylon spacers [img]smile.gif[/img]

There is a toilet flapper on my shifter to make it dead silent [img]smile.gif[/img]

I used a soldering iron to "mod" some 9005 bright bulbs to fit the 9006 housing, so I run 65W lows now!

Wrapped the A/C cold lines and dryer with insulation tape, -20F drop in vent temperatures.

I try to avoid ghetto mods unless theyre "good" ones.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I removed the crappy small piece of velcro that is supposed to hold the fuse box door in place and put a new piece on the bottom and a wide piece on the right side to hold the lid on.. that thing would come off with a strong breeze..

I used bubble wrap under my pioneer stereo to help with the vibration..

also used velcro on my mtx stealth box to help hold it in place..

since I bought my ftra second hand I didn't get any of the gaskets or seals that would normally come with it so I made my own out of thick double stick tape..

I try to keep my ghetto mods to be ones that can't be seen..

oah and I also insulated the ac lines like dominic, auctually bought the insulation stuff off of him..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Ghetto mods:

Raised airbox with washers.

Cut out bottom of airbox for a "kinda like free ram-air mod"

Put the grinder to my brake calipers so that my Torg Thrust II's would fit without rubbing.
        <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> what would be really cool is to reroute them to spray on tailgaters (my luck the first person I spray would be a cop)
          edit: leave the bleach in for good measure maybe some works toilet bowl cleaner <hr></blockquote>

My friend did it to his Celica, the front ones spray to each side and the one in the back sprays directly back at cars. Its awesome to drive by like the movies or something and spray people, it is so funny. We would just drive around at night and do it, good times.
          1996 Camaro RS A4<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler with 2.5\" catback and cutout, SLP CAI, BMR STB

Comment

I hacked the front of my airbox off and slapped in a K&N It made the engine revv a lot happier... gives it a little more tail happy tendencies on the low end... But I doubt I gained much more than an Hp or two... 0-60 feels about the same...

http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/airbox.jpg
            Black \'97 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/blahblah.html\" target=\"_blank\">See Pics</a> 3.8L, 5 Spd, Disc Rear, Hurst short shifter, MAF Screen Removed, RK Sport Headers, 3\" Cat, 3\" FM American Thunder Catback, Compcams .512/.507, (2x)275/40/17 Khumo 712(front) (2x)285/40/17 Good Year F1 GS-D3 (back).

Comment

my ghetto (Home Depot) intake

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...9/325040_7.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...9/325040_8.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...9/325040_6.jpg

car is beige. not a ghetto mod, just ghetto :(

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]</p>
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Taking a circular saw to the front inside of the hood to open up the nostrils = Yeehaw!!!

A jillion sparks later, it is done.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

i had quite the ghetto setup for induction which we will never ever speak of again. :(

also I am trying to figure out a better induction system, as the ram air is not truly ram air (ftra). if you put the block off plate on, and start the car, the car SHOULD sputter and die from lack of air. it does not.
                  2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

I built custom firebird centercaps for my factory chrome wheels. reverse-engineered GM centercap spoke design, extended it, and machined a screamin chicken emblem. Getting chromeplated as we speak. Will post pics when they are finally finished.

Although its a home-made mod, does it really count as ghetto? made them in the machine shop where I work.
                    Property of Dave Hamburger

Comment

dude firechicken i wanna see those, i bet they'll look sweet...

merlin
                      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                        i had quite the ghetto setup for induction which we will never ever speak of again. :(
                        <hr></blockquote>

was it more gheto than Dan's ? ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                        94 comero 3.4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redbird00:

merlin
                          <hr></blockquote>

I have some pictures of the un-plated, bare aluminium centercaps, if somone will host them for me (they are rather large), I'll be glad for someone to post links to them.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redbird00:

merlin
                            <hr></blockquote>

They are now up. see for yourself!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                              by ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                              1 week ago
                            • RPDRed6
                              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                              by RPDRed6
                              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • ssms5411
                              No start problem
                              by ssms5411
                              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X