Stock stereo, Insert CD get "ERR"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock stereo, Insert CD get "ERR"

Not sure if I put this in the right section or not, but I've got a stock stereo headunit with the CD player. Whenever I put a CD in, it waits a few minutes, kicks the cd out and shows "Err" on the display. It does this with any CD. Has anyone ever seen this before, and if so, what did you do to fix it? Please don't say buy a new stereo, I can't afford one right now... Thx.
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Uh.. most likely laser head stopped working or dirty. Most likely that would mean new head unit. You can also try using head cleaner, but I doubt it would help.

Comment

yup what he said

Comment

crap. thanks, guys.
        1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

manual says
          humidity, heat, rough road, dirty cd, upside down disc cause the error
          then it says contact dealer
          best I can do
          millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] Moving to stereo/electronics.....oh wait, I'm not a moderator.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

dirty laser or its out of alignment. get one of those disc cleaners and try that. if not, get a head unit, cause an alignment for the laser is prolly like $50

Comment

My 98 did when I first bought it. The dealer had to send it in to get worked on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X