converting to a cable TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting to a cable TB

I have a 99 and i'm working on a project thats going to require me to change to a cable system.. What do I need to do, and why cant I use drive by wire on an eaton m90?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

by the way dont give me the (m90 wont work bull****) this job will have custom work to get around the obstacles that you guys think make the job impossible.
    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Will require at least upper intake, TB, cable, pedal assy, PCM.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yep, the PCM is the biggest part. The Electric throttle control is actually better than the drive by cable. But it would have to be removed from your PCM, or swap one out...

by the way dont give me the (m90 wont work bull****) this job will have custom work to get around the obstacles that you guys think make the job impossible.
        Okay, I won't give you the M90 won't work BS. I'll give you the "M90 won't work facts".
        - You'll have to do some REAL creative intake ducting to keep everything away from the firewall

- You'll have to (most likely) get an L67 Lower intake manifold and L67 heads, because to make clearance for the M90, the injectors are actually placed directly into the heads, NOT the intake manifold. (the ONLY difference in the L36 and L67 heads FWIW)

- You're better off just by going with a manufactured, V6 centrifugal kit. Why? Option of intercooler is MUCH more practical, better top end (better than full boost at low RPM, essentially dumping hot air after 4500rpms), and you'll probably SAVE money than going the roots blower route, causing spending more money for "custom work" and a cowl hood to boot, for probably a little less power.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

i really dont want to get into this.. I already know about the LIM and heads.. Ive got them. Someone told me I cant use the drive by wire and I dont know wh.. I would assume its clearance issues. My blower is ported so temps wont be bad. Ive got such a deal.. I have almost everything I need for 300 dollars. Thats a good deal. Now just need to be handy with a welder to get the piping to work. I can do the headswap pretty easily aswell..
          Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

does anyone else see disaster on the way?
            2000 Camaro v6<br /><br />Crashed It, Rebuild Starts

Comment

only reason why I would not see drive by wire work is actually hooking it up to the blower.

other then that it should work.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
                i really dont want to get into this.. I already know about the LIM and heads.. Ive got them. Someone told me I cant use the drive by wire and I dont know wh.. I would assume its clearance issues. My blower is ported so temps wont be bad. Ive got such a deal.. I have almost everything I need for 300 dollars. Thats a good deal. Now just need to be handy with a welder to get the piping to work. I can do the headswap pretty easily aswell..
                I have a lot of respect for you, man. Historically, innovation has been discouraged by popular opinion. You've got guts to try it even though everyone else thinks you can't do it. Let us know how this goes either way!
                1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

I think it can be done, I'd try it if I coudl get a roots blower just to practicing some fabbing, of something I might do but ehh... too much money and I don't have the time to jsut tear into my car until I get it to work.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I see no reason why you cant use the drive by wire throttle body. You obviously will need an adapter plate to mount it, which I assume is going to be relocated anyway because of the blower outlet.
                    92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X