I need to find a Siphon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find a Siphon

I need your input or ideas as to where I can find a mechanical siphon to transfer fuel into my '83 Trans Am that has been sitting for a very long time in my driveway.
    It won't fire up but the engine turns. I have spark and air as well. I questioned the fuel aspect of it but I made sure to use an agent to prevent gumming in the fuel lines earlier this year. I tapped the tank with a mallet and it seemed to make an empty, hollow tank sound.

Now I know you are all going to tell me to buy one of them red 2 or 5 gallon safety gallon tanks but I already have one filled with a kerosene mixture for my snowblower. It doesn't make sense for me to buy 2 tanks or make an 15 mile trip to find a siphon. I don't need to do this right away but if there is one online I can make a purchase from, it would be cool.

Basically, I thought it would be neat & cost effective to suck the existing fuel from my Camaro or Firebird and into the T/A by mechanical means. I will never suck fuel through my mouth to gain a siphoning action which I consider dangerous and insane. This is a weekend project I'm going to tackle but I want a simple way to do it and to keep the siphoning device, that's all.

I liked this idea below but I need to find a hose first.

http://www.misterfixit.com/siphon.htm
    Thanks in advance!

[ October 21, 2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: 96RS Alex ]
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Originally posted by 96RS Alex:
    I will never suck fuel through my mouth to gain a siphoning action which I consider dangerous and insane.
    Dangerous...yes, but it's your initiation into the auto mechanics fraternity. I know I've been stupid enough to do it once or twice. Gas tastes horrible, but everyone has to get their initiations over with sometime or other ;)

Oh, just don't be a redneck and have a cigarette dangling from your mouth when doing this. THAT would be stupid! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    sigpic

Comment

go to autozone, they have a few different kinds.

also harbor frieght had some cool ones as well.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Harbor Freight has them, http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyA...ht/results.jsp

I was thinking of JC Whitney but Harbor Freight is much better. Great suggestion, thanks.

I do not smoke btw, but my GF does. Each weekend, I delegate myself to do the job in topping off the fuel tank in the Firebird she often drives.
        I thought the dangling ciggy comment was too funny to even imagine!
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X